Lilypie

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Do People Not Watch Movies Anymore?

I was at one of the most popular cinemas today and the counter was practically empty. I attributed it to being early, as it was only eleven on a Sunday morning, but I remember normally around this time the last time I was there, the queue was already quite long.
 
When I went back again around three in the afternoon, there was still no queue. And I managed to get my Sunday discount from my mobile service provider, even at three in the afternoon, when normally, the discount would no longer be valid as it would have met its quota by twelve noon.
 
The emptiness of the cinema made me wonder, do people not watch movies nowadays? Is downloading the only way to go, that they are killing off the movie business?
 
Of course I know it is so much cheaper to just download than to spend S$10.00 on a movie ticket. But downloading a show is not the same as actually watching a show in a theatre. Afterall, what can the laptop or computer screen give you that a big screen with fantastic sound system cannot?
 
I much rather watch movies in a theatre with the big screen, sound system and all the trailers, than to watch on a small screen with poor sound at home. Having said that, if I really like the show, I would not mind watching the downloaded version again, but the first time I watch a show, it would always have to be in a movie theatre before I can assess how good the show actually is.
 
Watching a show in a movie theatre is simply more conducive than watching it at home or on someone’s screen. But then again, this is just my own preference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...