Lilypie

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dressed For Formality

The gala dinner could not have come at a better time! At least I have a few gowns in mind to wear, so it will not be so much of a headache sourcing for the appropriate evening gown and shoes. Plus, I have the appropriate jewellery and evening bag as well, so all the combination looks set and ready to go! I was actually deciding between two gowns.

If you remember, I bought a replica of the yellow satin gown which Kate Hudson wore in “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days”. I even got a set of citrine necklace and earrings set to match with this, as well as a pair of heels. This was supposed to be worn for my cousin’s wedding last year, but then her wedding became a lunch reception, so I need not wear anything that formal.


Then I thought of wearing it to my best friend’s wedding, but she had a certain colour code so I wore my plum-coloured long dress instead. Hence, I have yet to wear that yellow dress. Then my best friend gave me a dress prior to her wedding. It is an emerald green dress, which looks suspiciously like the one Keira Knightley wore in “Atonement”.


My best friend got that dress because she thought of wearing it as one of her wedding gowns, but then the gown became too long for her so she gave it to me instead, and it fits me like a glove! She even gave me a set of emerald necklace and earrings to match it!

Thus, I was deciding between these two dresses, but since it will be a glittering gold gala dinner, I thought perhaps it would be a better idea to wear the yellow one instead, complete with all the bling bling! I just received the tickets to the dinner, and the dress code states “formal” and “with a tinge of gold”. So it seems that I do know how to dress for occasions!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...