Lilypie

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sudden Demise!

An old university mate called me earlier on and asked a favour. Then he updated me with news of what happened to some of our mutual friends. Apparently, one of our friends is now a widow, as her husband died a few years back.


I am acquainted with the couple in question, so I was shocked upon hearing the news. They were only married for a year when he passed away while exercising one day. Before that, they were together for many years, as both attended and grew up together in the same church. I can only imagine how devastated she must have felt, as according to my friend, she even attempted suicide.


I always know life is fragile, but when people you know have a sudden demise, it makes you rethink just how fragile life really is. Birth and death are inter-linked. Some may never make it into this world, and some may live just a very short life. Some may live a very long life but not achieving anything. Some may have a short yet fulfilling life.


Come to think of it, based on genealogy, I probably have at least another fifty years more to go. Hmmm…. seems like a long time to plan what I intend to do with my life! At least I am in the midst of planning for my own future, so whatever extra that comes is just a bonus!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...