Lilypie

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Heart Of The Ocean

Yes, I am referring to this necklace, which I received last Saturday. Someone sent it to me, with a note that says, "Sorry for this late Christmas gift, but I know you have always wanted this, so here goes...".


Well, the necklace I received is obviously not the original, but a replica. It is light, with a silver chain, and a heart-shaped pendant with the navy blue "diamond", but still, whoever sent it to me must have spent quite a bit on it.

Which makes me wonder, just who sent it to me? There was no name or signature on the note, and neither was there a return address. It was mailed locally. The envelope was printed, not written, so unless I send it to the forensics department for fingerprint extracts, otherwise I am pretty clueless who would send me such a gift.

If anyone is to send anything, why would the person want to remain anonymous? The least he (I am presuming it is a 'he') could do is to let me know who he is, then I can send a word of thanks and appreciation.

But then again, am I really that clueless? The show had been gone for so long. The actors and actresses have since aged quite a bit. No doubt I fell in love with the necklace the moment I set my eyes on it, and have wanted to possess it one of these days, but that was just a moment's fancy of young.

Which means, no one whom I know in my adulthood knows how much I longed for this necklace, certainly not just any mere acquaintance or even a close friend. The only people who knows I want this necklace are my best friend and her ex, my second ex and my third ex.

It is definitely not my third ex as I only mentioned to him in a passing remark, and anyway he never believed in giving exquisite gifts to anyone. It is definitely not my best friend because if she is to give me such a gift, she will pass to me personally. Neither is it her ex because he has no reason to.

Which leaves only one person. Hmmmm..... Shall I send him a note of thanks, or shall I just leave it as it is, since he clearly does not want me to know that it is from him, if it is from him at all? In any case, I managed to get the necklace I really wanted, albeit long time overdue, so it does perk me up a little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...