Lilypie

Monday, October 29, 2012

Boring Ramblings Back At Work

I am back at work today after the long weekend which was supposed to recharge and recover from my trip, but unfortunately, I was so reluctant to get back into the grind of things! Being away really changes my perspective. I thought I like this place and would keep coming back, but after a week in Sydney, I seriously do not mind relocating!
 
Do not get me wrong. I love my country. This is my home, where I was born. But at times, I feel the system here only seems to benefit either the super smart ones, or the super academically-inclined ones, or the super gungho kinds who would stop at nothing to get what they want. It does not seem to fit someone like me.
 
Even though I can be gungho and pushy, I still prefer a laid-back life. I like to go back to a little cottage and relax with my loved one and my children by the fireplace or the garden. I like to just stay home and take care of my kids and bring them around. And most importantly, I like the idea of owning a house and a car without being made to slave for it and pay off the rest of my life. At times I really think living here is a killer.
 
Oh well... perhaps it is not my destiny? Perhaps God wants me to remain here and slave away for the rest of my life, without knowing the warmth of my own family, raising kids and achieving great things in life? Sometimes I really wish I know what is required or not required of me, so I can start aiming for the "right" things and stop asking for the "wrong" things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...