Lilypie

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Company Trip To Malacca

I will be having a company trip to Malacca next weekend. By right, it would be a long weekend if people take off on that Monday, as the following day is a public holiday. However, due to this company team-building / social / leisure trip, we were told that we would not be able to take any form of leave, be it medical or annual, the day before the trip and the day after. That means we would leave immediately after work on Friday and return back on Sunday night, and back to work again on Monday.

I did not know about this trip until yesterday, so I was like a last minute addition. Since the rooms in the hotel that the company booked have already been settled, and I was given a choice whether I joined in or book my own accommodation, I decided to do the latter, as I have always wanted to try out this hotel which a fellow blogger recommended.

So I went to book my own accommodation. Luckily there was still rooms available despite me booking at such late notice, but I am only able to get the superior room that costs more instead of the deluxe room that cost less. But I suppose the location makes up for it. Besides accommodation, I would be joining the rest of my colleagues in everything else, and we even had some free time on Sunday morning to do as we please, before taking the coach back in the evening.

The last time I went to Malacca was a disaster. I guess because it was a day trip, and besides Malacca, we were brought to other parts of Malaysia, so in the end we could only spend an hour or so in Malacca before going back. This time round, since it is a weekend, perhaps the trip would be better? I sure hope so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...