Lilypie

Friday, October 26, 2012

Murrays Australia

I took a direct flight to Sydney via Scoot. Since Scoot only has one flight a day (although it flies everyday), I had to plan my itinerary according to when the flight would reach Sydney. Hence, because I would reach Sydney around one in the afternoon, I had to plan the bus ride to Canberra after that time.
 
I initially thought of using Greyhound Australia, as I have heard great reviews about their coaches. However, that is not express as it would stop on a few places along the way. Then my brother recommended Murrays Australia. I have not heard of Murrays, but my brother told me because the office is in Canberra itself, so it has more regular services to Sydney and back. And if I book a place early enough, I can get it at a cheaper rate. Most importantly, it is an express coach, so there would not be much time wasted stopping at places.
 
So I took a look at the Murrays website, and was so lucky to find a coach leaving around two in the afternoon at a very low rate! Hence, I booked the coach from Sydney Airport direct to Canberra, and the return coach from Canberra to Sydney Central Railway, which would leave Canberra at seven in the morning in order to utilise my time at Sydney to the fullest.
 
In the end, taking Murrays is a good choice because the driver himself is friendly and helpful. He helped to load our luggages into the baggage compartment of the bus, and greeted everyone by name! When we reached the bus, he also gave us an introduction to the company. There is even a lavatory on the coach for us to use freely, which is hardly the case in other coaches.
 
Due to the traffic, we reached Canberra half an hour later than scheduled. But that could not be helped. The time taken to go from Sydney Airport to Canberra is around three hours, but with traffic conditions, it can take about up to four hours, which is still considered alright.
 
On my return trip, I took the coach to Sydney Central Railway. Perhaps because it was so early in the morning, there was hardly any cars on the street, and we reached Sydney Airport (the first drop off point) before ten. However, once we were out of Sydney Airport, the traffic started to become heavy and we did not reach Sydney Central Railway until half past ten, where I had to then scramble to find the train to take to my uncle's place.
 
Overall, I am rather satisfied with Murrays. Did I also mention that both days, the coaches are full, even at seven in the morning? It seems that Murrays is a very popular choice even with the Australians themselves, so that probably tells a lot about their reputation and service. If I am ever to go down again and need to take a coach elsewhere, I would sure use Murrays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...