Lilypie

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

UNESCO Heritage Places I Have Visited

I know of someone who dreams of setting foot on at least fifty UNESCO World Heritage places. Fifty is a good number actually, although it is not even ten percent of all the places in the UNESCO Heritage List. I think if it is me, I would try to make the number one hundred.
 
However, I think I have gone to quite a few UNESCO Heritage places already, be it on my own or with my family. Last count, there should be twenty at least. If that is the case, then I just need to go to eighty more places and I can die a happy person.
 
Eighty more places is not that unachievable, considering some countries alone already have at least five UNESCO Heritage listed sites. So all you need to do is to travel around the country and you can already visit those places.
 
Here are the World Heritage listed places I have visited (in no particular order) :
 
Australia
1. Greater Blue Mountains area (including Echo Point, the Three Sisters and Jamison Valley)
2. Sydney Opera House
3. Australian Convict Sites (including Port Arthur in Tasmania, Hyde Park Barracks in Sydney and Fremantle Prison in Perth)
 
Japan
4. Ancient Kyoto (think I was there when I was six, with my parents, but I could hardly remember the place)
 
South Korea
5. Changdeokgung Palace Complex
6. Jeju Volcanic Island
 
Malaysia
7. Gunung Mulu National Park
8. Malacca
9. George Town
 
Malta
10. Valetta
11. Hypogeum
12. Megalithic Temples
 
New Zealand
13. Te Wahipounamu in Southwest New Zealand (comprising Mount Cook National Park, Fiordland comprising Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound and Lake Te Anau, Mount Aspiring and Lake Wanaka, and Westland National Park comprising the Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers)
14. Tongariro National Park 
 
United Kingdom
15. Stonehenge
16. Studley Royal Park and the ruins of Fountain Abbey
17. Blenheim Palace
18. Bath
19. Frontiers of the Roman Empire (including Hadrian's Wall that separates England from Scotland)
20. Tower of London
21. Old and New Towns of Edinburgh
 
United States of America
22. Grand Canyon National Park
23. Yosemite National Park
 
Wow... the list seems more than I thought! Not a bad achievement! Looks like I can easily fulfil the goal of reaching a hundred sites now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...