Lilypie

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fridge Magnets From Sydney

I was so inspired by fellow blogger Julie that I am starting a collection of fridge magnets. I wish I thought of this long time ago, to buy fridge magnets as souvenirs as memoirs of my travels. Often, when I go travelling, I always cracked my head thinking what kind of souvenirs would be good enough.
 
If you go to places like South Africa, it is easy. For instance, my mum bought back a vuvuzuela from there. Or even for Egypt, we can buy back a papyrus. Or China, where we can buy back a stuffed panda. Otherwise in most other places, just food products will suffice.
 
Trouble is, in most places, due to globalisation and large imports and exports, chances are one can find something overseas that you may probably already have back home. So what then? What can you bring back that is small, cheap and make good souvenirs?
 
Hence fridge magnets. Not only are they small, cheap and long-lasting, they represent the icons of the various countries. Like Borneo, there are magnets in the shape of longhouses, native tribes and orang utans. One can place this on a fridge and gaze at them permanently. These little things represent their respective countries and will never run out.
 
So when I was in Sydney, I bought a few fridge magnets, not just for Julie but also for myself. To kickstart my collection, I bought a kangaroo magnet with a small thermometer to measure the day's temperature, a boomerang magnet, and a pretty pink teapot magnet from the village of Leura in the Blue Mountains.

 One of the native animals of Australia
 
 Another Australian "native"
 

This is my personal favourite, bought from the quaint teapot museum in Leura
 
These magnets are not much, but it is a good start to my collection. A pity I did not get any magnets of koalas, platypus, emus or that of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, but these are enough for now. I believe there will still be chances for me to get those in the future. Hopefully one day I will have enough to fill up my entire refrigerator on all sides, all from different countries!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the info! I have been looking for all the info about Fridge Magnets Sydney. I think fastprinting.com.au is best for it!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...