Lilypie

Sunday, October 7, 2012

I Won Best Speaker!

I did it! I finished my speech entitled "The Men Do Get It", alternatively "Women : The Better Sex?" at the Toastmasters meeting yesterday, and I got voted Best Speaker for the day! This is the ribbon I received - my first (and probably) the only Best Speaker I may ever get. 
 

I was actually rather surprised I won because firstly, I do not think I speak that well. Secondly, I stumbled quite a few times as I could not refer to my notes and had to say everything out from memory. When you are facing people who have all their eyes scrutinising you, at times you just blank out.

Nevertheless, I am so proud of myself for this slight achievement! But I guess it is also because the better speakers are not around, otherwise I will never have this chance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...