Lilypie

Friday, October 5, 2012

Looking Forward To More Interesting Modules

My school has changed its syllabus again. Next semester onwards there will be more interesting modules to take up. Why must this come just when I am already three-quarters through the course? But of course, I can choose to take the modules, then I would just take longer to complete the course.
 
The new modules introduced are as follows :
 
1. Children's Literature, and included in the reading list is one of my ultimate favourite books, Charlotte's Web. I cried after watching the cartoon many years back, and I cried after reading the book. When I watched the movie a few years back, I still felt sappy. There are other books like Hana's Suitcase, The Paper Bag Princess, Little Pioneers and Black and White.
 
2. Nineteenth Century Literaure - a mix of Realist Novel and Gothic Novel. Included in the reading list are the books Mansfield Park, Jane Eyre and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
 
3. Topics In Modernism - this module is on "modern" literature of the early twentieth century. Included in the reading list are E. M. Forster's "A Passage To India", Virginia Woolf's "Short Stories" and James Joyce's "Dubliners".
 
4. Modern Poetry - the name says it all.
 
5. Singapore Literature - series of texts by local writers, including The Scent Of Gods.
 
I guess I can look forward to more interesting subjects! Although my mum is probably going to flip as she is already griping over the fact that I have been taking this course for years and still taking forever to graduate! Now with the new modules, I may take even longer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...