Lilypie

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sea Sick!

In my recent trip to Sydney, I went for a whale cruise, which turned out to be disappointing, but that is another story. I rushed to the harbour after I put my things down at my uncle's place, and managed to make it on time. However, I did not have time to eat anything, so when the cruise started halfway, I got terribly sea sick!
 
The guide who was with us said if we are sick for whatever reason, we should go to the berth and breathe in the fresh air. We should not be staying in the enclosed area even if there are seats, and it would be best to go to the first level of the boat.
 
However, there was hardly any space on the external area as everyone was crowding around there to catch the glimpse of the whales and dolphins. It was a real terrible feeling, nothing to eat and drink, felt so nauseous and yet could not even have space to move around on the deck for some air! Neither could I go downstairs as I could not even move properly!
 
Finally when the boat was turning back, I told the guide how sick I felt. She kindly broughe me to the upper deck, sat me down on one of the chairs and told me to just lie back. After being in the air for a while, I felt better and managed to make my way back to my seat inside.
 
Back inside, I fell asleep. I was surprised I could do that as it was such a terrible feeling earlier on that I could not even close my eyes to sleep! I was so afraid I was going to vomit right in the boat! But luckily, I managed to sleep for about an hour and by the time the boat docked, I felt so much better that I could even walk steadily.
 
I shall never attempt a cruise of any form on an empty stomach again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...