Lilypie

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Recipe For Fried Rice

My parents bought me a cake yesterday. My favourite from Awfully Chocolate. This is what it looks like, albeit a half-eaten one. :-p The thick chocolate icing still melts in my mouth when I get to taste it! Now I must learn how to bake that!


A friend promised to bring me out to celebrate my birthday today, so I whipped up a picnic lunch for us. Since both of us do not drive, I could not cook anything fanciful, so I just made fried rice.

These are the ingredients I used :


1. Shredded chicken (cooked until the meat is soft)


2. 3 eggs (beaten, with dark sesame oil)


3. A slab of pork (minced) (Any other types of meat can be used as well)


4. A carrot (diced into small cubes)


5. 1 onion (diced)


6. 1 garlic (diced)


7. 1/2 a cabbage, shredded into small pieces


8. 3 scoops of rice (cooked beforehand)


9. A handful of anchovies (fried until golden brown)


10. A sprinkle of salt

11. A cube of chicken stock

After beating the eggs, heat up a pan and cook them until scrambled. Remove the eggs after cooked.

Put in garlic and fry until golden brown. Add in onion, pork (or any other meat), carrots and cabbage.

Stir fry until the cabbages are soft.

Put in chicken and rice, mix together and stir fry. Simmer for a couple of minutes, then sprinkle the scrambled eggs and salt.

Put in the chicken cube. Wait for it to melt and then mix well.

Serves about 3 to 4. Put in the anchovies only when the rice is ready to be eaten, otherwise they will turn soft and soggy.

This is what the finished product looks like.

I hope he will like this! Off to another wonderful day!

3 comments:

Richard said...

Interesting, it looks and sounds very similar to the type of "Chinese rice" that Sofia prepares (aside from the anchovies).

juphelia said...

Is it? Actually the ingredients do not really matter as long as the final product looks and tastes the same. By right I should have put in green peas and chick peas as well, but the stock ran out at that moment.

Richard said...

In Peru, Chinese food / cuisine is called "chifa" (according to Wikipedia that comes from the Mandarin "chi fan").

But, yeah, shredded chicken, egg, white onion and green onion, soya sauce, some vegetable and rice makes what she calls "chow fa".

Again, according to Wikipedia, Peru has one of the richest cuisines in the world.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...