Lilypie

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tour Plans

My maternal grandmother was hospitalised for the weekend. She started having fainting spells on Sunday morning, so called all her children down to draw up a will. If I had known my mum is the one writing the will, I would have gone down with her and drafted for her.

But she said there are so many Will templates nowadays, she can just copy. Besides, I will not be able to understand in-depth of what my grandmother would say.

Anyway, my relatives checked her into the hospital. The doctor said she might have a mild stroke and kept her under observation, so we went down to see her yesterday. Thank goodness she is well now and just got discharged.

My mum will be going to New York and Washington later on in the year. She will be bringing my youngest brother as it is the last trip he can go for before his army days. Besides, she wants to visit my cousin who is based in DC, as he will be coming back next year.

So they are going to have an autumn (or is it winter?) in New York! Just a pity I cannot have any time off this year to go with them. Why does she always go to the places I want to go when I am not able to go?

I was planning out a trip for her. She wants to go Manhattan, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Broadway, Fifth Avenue, Central Park, Rockfeller Centre, Liberty Island, Empire State Building, Niagara Falls, as well as a trip down to Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell. All the places I would love to go!

So I planned out a trip according to the places, but in the end, she decided to join a tour group instead. Oh well, all my research and planning can be kept for future use for myself next time if and when I do go.

I have also planned out the Maltese trip for next year. My parents are thinking of touring Spain after the wedding, and I like to go on the Da Vinci Code trail. So I planned the different itineraries for us.

Unfortunately, my mum refused to let me go on my own. I will be joining a tour group, so will not be on my own, but she still refused. She said if I can really take time off, may as well join them in Spain.

Why can I not go on a vacation on my own? I am old enough to take care of myself. Besides, I will be with a group of people, not all by myself in a foreign land. I cannot understand why she refused so vehemently.

She said unless I can find a female friend for company and join a tour package, otherwise no way. So I cannot join a tour package on my own yet if I have another girl with me it will be alright? What is the difference?

So I said my female friends will not be interested in a tour like that, but some of my male friends may be. She said no male friends allowed if I am the sole female. Hmmmmm.....

Oh well, hopefully I am able to change her mind when the time comes. I really want to see the places where Professor Langdon managed to find and solve the clues!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...