Lilypie

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cooking For The President

I had the priviledge of paying a visit to one of our late President's house and collect this cookbook.


This book is written, photographed, tried, tested and compiled by one of his daughters, following her mother's recipes when they were still diplomats, ambassadors, and later President and First Lady. This is a big and heavy book and very expensive, but totally worth the price because it is printed on glossy paper with old, archived and coloured photographs, plus all the tips and know-hows of how to cook certain dishes.

This recipe book is Peranakan, which suits me fine as some may know I am rather interested in Peranakan culture and food. Now I cannot wait to try my hand at some of the recipes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...