Lilypie

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Garden In The Middle Of A City

I will blog about my Israel trip after I have sorted out all the photos, but meanwhile, here is a post on my day trip to Gardens By The Bay, our artificial garden in the middle of the city. I managed to get discounts to go there, and it was a pretty place indeed!

The Gardens are separated into a few sections. There is an indoor garden called the Flower Dome consisting of many kinds of flowers, complete with a glass house restaurant and different theme exhibitions once in a while. This looks like a good place for anyone to take their wedding photos or a wedding ceremony!

 The entrance to the Gardens









 Going into the Flower Dome


 Inside the Flower Dome















 Me feeling like a princess on her throne




 That day the theme was aeronautical











 Another nice canopy, made me feel as if I was in a carriage!


After coming out of the Flower Dome, I went on to the Cloud Forest, which is another indoor cooled conservatory consisting of a man-made mountain of sorts with a huge(?) waterfall. People are able to climb up onto the mountain and then make their way down.

 The "mountain" with the "waterfall"



 View of the waterfall from the inside

 View of the waterfall from the outside




 View from the top









Cloud Forest leads to another "forested" area where we can see a documentary about the conservation of Earth, before coming out into "jurassic" era.




 Can't believe I found a pitcher plant here!


Overall, it was not a very impressive outing. After all the hype about the Gardens, I was expecting to see something really nice, but apparently the "main" or nicest attractions are paying attractions, as in you need to pay extra to get in and not included in your already expensive ticket price.

As a result, I did not get to see much. I have seen my share of forest and nature reserves during my travels, so I guess all these are nothing much to me. Still, I would like to commend our government for being able to make something like this in the city for everyone to go to. Perhaps the entry fees can be lessened instead, then things would be better?

The Gardens is a place where once is enough, because it is not as big as I thought. All these "exploration" took an hour the most. If we are in a real jungle, even a day would not be enough! I think maybe I have been too spoilt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...