Lilypie

Friday, June 14, 2013

Motivation For Hybrid Car

People have been asking me why I do not drive. Besides the fact that I am a very bad driver, plus the super stringent requirements of being able to drive here, and that cars here cost your entire life savings, it is almost practically impossible for someone like me to be able to drive. Not to mention the exorbitant cost of the petrol. I think only here we pay so much for housing, cars and petrol, and probably everything else too. Hence, only the more affluent can own a car, and I am definitely not in the league, as yet.

However, I would love to be able to drive properly. It is just much more convenient, especially if we go overseas and like a self-drive tour. There are places where buses and trains just do not go to, and if one does not have a vehicle, or able to operate a vehicle properly, one tends to lose out on a lot of places to explore, even here.

But being the procrastinator that I am, plus the fact that I have almost no access to the family car, I am putting off actual driving. To me, what is the use of refreshing my skills if I do not even have the chance to drive? Besides, I much prefer to be driven than doing the driving.

Another reason why I do not drive is because I am rather particular over the kind of car. I like a car that is small, so it is easily handled. I do not like medium sized or big cars like what my parents are driving. I find them hard to handle. I like a car that fits my petite frame!

I also like a car that does not use up too much petrol because petrol is very costly here, and it contributes to the environment pollution problem. Hence, since I am unwilling to find something that I actually like, I have to stick to public transport, no matter how much I loathe it.

Last week when my mum and I were away, she told me that she and my dad have changed the car. The new car will be coming in a couple of month's time. The thing is, the new car is going to be a small one, and it is a hybrid car, which means it saves petrol and saves the environment at the same time! Most importantly, it is a family car, which means anyone can drive it if we are able to. And I do not need to fork out any cash because it is already paid for!

It is like a dream come true for me! With all these criteria already fulfilled, what more am I waiting for? I am now really motivated to refresh my skills so I can start driving the new car when it comes! Hopefully this time round I can learn to be a better driver!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...