Lilypie

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Teeny Weeny Bit Of Good News

I had a teeny weeny bit of good news at work today. After our usual weekly departmental meeting, my boss asked to speak with me, regarding the upcoming departmental conference in May. He said by right because I am still not confirmed, they normally do not allow those still on probation to go, but since they feel I have shown improvement and have a positive attitude, they are letting me go for the conference.

Yeah! This is so exciting! However, can I not be told earlier? Today was the deadline to confirm the air tickets, and if I was not allowed to go, then what? I would have to cancel everything - the tickets, the accommodation, the registration. But luckily everything turned out well.

Finally, after about four months in the company, my efforts seem to have paid off and I am at least getting a bit of recognition for my work done instead of put-downs! Hopefully after this I can be confirmed, but on the other hand, if this is the case, why not just confirm me earlier? I guess I cannot hope for much now, just have to take one step at a time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...