Lilypie

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hypocrites!

I really cannot stand hypocrites! Alright, I may be guilty of that too since none of us are perfect. But what I really cannot tolerate is saying something and then doing otherwise. No doubt everyone makes mistakes, so be it, we learn and move on. But why do you have to tell people not to do something when you yourself does it?



For instance, I know of someone who told his son not to judge people from their appearances and get to know the person. Yet he himself judge from first impression, saying that this person must be bad or whatnot, without even giving the person a chance or getting to know the person. Then what for tell his own kid otherwise? Is that not being very hypocritical?



I also know of people who are very nice and sincere and all smiling to you at work, but in the end are the ones who stab you in the back the most and put you down the most. In that case, why do they have to pretend to be nice and that everything is all fine and dandy? Do people think others have no feelings whatsoever?



The worst hypocrites are those who claim they are your friends, but when something happens, they are the first to ostracise and judge you, or claim they are staunch Christians, yet turn around and lead all the sinful lives. How would these people like it if they are in the same shoes?



On one hand, should we even judge a person because if we are not in the shoes, we may never be able to understand how the person is feeling? On the other hand, humans, being the way they are, it is inevitable they start judging and ostracising and going on the high horse and start preaching.



But should we then do otherwise and participate in the gossip and ostracising simply because we want to be part of a "group"? The reason I was not "welcomed" in my previous workplaces simply because I spend the time on work and not gossip or hang around talking about others. I always feel I have better things to do, and before I start criticising, I am not perfect myself.



Hence I never like to be a hypocrite nor people to be hypocritical to me. If there is anything wrong, I prefer to be told in the face, rather than behind my back. And if people told me not to do something, the person better not do the same thing because that is being the most hypocritical of all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...