Lilypie

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Building Bridges ...

I went for the second CHOICE follow-up after the AWARE forum today. The reflection is on "Building Bridges". Essentially, we had to draw the bridges, and think about our past, present and future. The foundation stones are those that define us, who we are and the people around us. Then the bride defines where we are now, and then right at the end the bridge defines where we will be.



So while drawing the bridge, it kept me thinking of the people and events that have shaped me. Such is the wonder of CHOICE, it really helps in self-reflection and to face the past so we can move on to the future.



People who have shaped me are of course my parents, my mother especially, and my relatives whom I am close to. Then the bridge represents my present success - a good job, good friends, great guy to be with, and the little things in life that I have to be grateful for.



And the edge of the bridge represents my future - what I hope to be. I hope to get my current degree, go on for post-graduate studies, get a practising certificate, buy a car and a house, get married and have at least three children, travel around the world and experience as many things as possible.



An impossible feat? I guess nothing is impossible. I saw a T-shirt once with the slogan IMPOSSIBLE = I M POSSIBLE. How true! And that is how my bridges are going to be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...