Lilypie

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Disappointing Day Back At Work

Today is one of the most disappointing days at work. I was away for two days for training, and back at work today, I was reprimanded by not meeting deadlines and not being committed enough to the job. I was upset and bewildered over what happened, when I realised because of the fact that I was away, and had no access to any emails since I left my laptop back in the office, some people sent some documents straight to my General Counsel, saying that I did not reply to them and the case was urgent.

Furthermore, my boss was not happy with the fact that while undergoing the work training and brainstorming session two weeks back, I was half checking emails at the same time. But that was because I had so many urgent matters to take care of, hence I was checking the emails.

He even compared to my predecessor, saying she won the Employee of the Year every year ever since she joined. Yes, I know she was good, I know she did a lot, but I do not think it is fair to compare this way, because everyone has their own working style, and I needed some time to adjust completely. I may have experience but still, things are quite different here than in my previous company, so I really need some time to ensure everyone is happy.

I just feel so disappointed because ever since I joined, I felt I had done my best. In fact, I had been busier than ever as compared to my previous work places, and I tried to learn as much as I can. Yet two weeks back, I was told I would not be confirmed, simply because I do not meet up to the standards, as yet.

Then what is the standard? Why not tell me exactly what they need instead of telling me that I do not meet up? If I am really doing anything wrong, why not let me know instead of asking me to figure it out for myself?

I really cannot lose another job, especially since this is one that is giving me so many opportunities from before! But if this goes on, even if I do not leave, I may just be asked to leave. Then what? How shall I tell any potential employer or headhunter the reason I left after just a few months? What will that look on me?

Looks like I seriously need some peace and quiet to pray and seek help on what to do and where to go from here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...