Lilypie

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Christmas Weekend

The Christmas weekend had been rather fulfilling. On Saturday, I met my best friend for lunch as she wanted to introduce her boyfriend to me. I can see why she fell for him in the end, and I really hope he will be the one for her. She brought along her youngest sister, cousin and another one of our friends.

I joined my best friend and her group for a singing session. I have not sang for a while, but my voice is still alright (I think). At least there is nothing out of pitch, that is all that matters! Afterthat, we went for dinner, did some shopping, and went to watch that "bosomy" show "Curse Of The Golden Flower".

On Sunday, my house guest arrived, and we brought her out for lunch. The rest of the day were spent resting before I attended midnight mass. Somehow I could not get the atmosphere of last year. Is it because it is a different church? Or is it because I am not totally free from all burdens and depression?

Yesterday, Monday, Christmas Day itself. We went out for lunch, then my first brother and I brought her cycling. Or rather, they went cycling, while I was still struggling to balance the bike! Better than before already, I could at least pedal a few steps on my own before falling off.

Last night, my Australian relatives arrived. Only my aunt, uncle and youngest cousin, since the elder two are busy with the impending birth of his kid and with his impending wedding respectively. We went out for dinner as a get-together. Then, the young(er) ones (my brothers, our guest and my Australian cousin) went to the streets of Orchard while the rest of us went to my grandmother's place to catch up with my aunt and uncle.

Thus, it had been a busy Christmas. Yet somehow why do I feel like something is missing? Is it because I did not manage to spend Christmas with someone special? I am not saying that I do not want to spend Christmas with my family members, but then Christmas is a time for love and giving after all, so it makes it more meaningful if I can be with all the people I really love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...