Lilypie

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Reel Versus Real

People say life is like a movie. Some others say drama serials reflect real life. At times I think real life is more dramatic than reel life. But however "realistic" drama serials are, there are certain bloopers that make them seem unreal.

1. The hair and makeup still looks so fresh even after the person had been lying unconscious in the hospital. Now, if only my hair and makeup can be immaculate the whole day, I need not worry about spending too much time grooming before stepping out of the house.

2. The person stepped out to answer the doorbell and came back with a totally new set of clothes. How I wish I can change that fast!

3. The roads always seem to be empty whenever the person speeds. How I wish it can be so lucky all the time, then accidents will not happen already!

4. People dress to the nines even at home. Do they not wear ordinary casual wear or house dresses while at home, instead of looking so immaculate from head to toe? Afterall, do people really bother to dress up when they are lazing about at home? Chances are they dress down.

5. No matter what job you are holding, you can afford an expensive place and car. Now this is something I wish can be true in real life.

6. People can spend money without any limit despite not working. Where did all the cash come from?

7. Your family and friends will always get you out of scrapes. Again, I wish life is that easy.

8. The house is always so neat and tidy, despite how busy the person is, with no domestic help. Now this is something I really wish can happen to me! That my room will always be neat and tidy even when I have no time to really clean it properly!

Sometimes I wonder, does drama really reflect real life? Or is life really a stage, where everyone plays a part? Then I wish my life can be simpler and easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...