Lilypie

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Discharged (In A Way) ....

I went for another counselling session tonight, and this time my counsellor told me that my emotions seem to have stabilised, so it is not necessary to make another appointment. However if anytime I feel like in need, I can always call in and go to see him again.

Hmmmm.... is that a good sign then? That he thinks I am alright and can move on with my life, or is it because he thinks I am beyond help thus feel there is no point seeing him anymore? I sincerely hope it is the former. If it is the latter then I am in deep trouble.

Due to my counselling appointment, I missed out on a gathering at the Mint Museum of Toys. It is a newly set-up museum filled with all the toys of old, in mint condition (although the Mint in the museum name means something else). I have heard that there is Popeye, Betty Boop, Tin Tin (I wonder if that means there is Snowy too?), and I suppose toys like Batman which the guys will like.

There are even old comics! All the things worthy of reminiscing and nolstaigia! There is even a cafe in there! I have to go there and take a look for myself, the place already sounds so interesting and seems like it will be someplace I will like!

Speaking of which, I have yet to go down to the newly-renovated National History Museum. I heard good things about it, and how the new Museum is much better than the old one. Now that my house guest is coming this weekend for two weeks, perhaps I can bring her around and visit the museum(s) with her.

My house will be fully-packed this festive season. My dad will be around, my first brother will be coming back tomorrow, our guest is coming this weekend. First time there are eight people staying in the house, and all the rooms are full (rooms that are bedrooms that is).

First time we have a Christmas and New Year with a full family, otherwise in previous years, there will always be someone not around. I wonder if I can convince my parents to throw a big party then and invite others? Afterall, we always get invited to parties thrown by my relatives, it will be a change if we do the hosting this time round.

3 comments:

richard said...

One of the interesting things about depression, or other emotional problems is that over time they will usually sort themselves out - with or without others intervention.

However, there are always case where the cause is organic and medication is required.

juphelia said...

Luckily for me, no medication is required. Just lots and lots of advice and listening ears, which help to a certain extent.

Richard said...

There is no question that having someone uncritically listen and offer advice is good, however, my point was that it is not necessary (just makes the exerience more bearable).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...