Lilypie

Saturday, February 3, 2007

A Sign?

That day, the last day of January, I had a dream. Maybe it was because one month into the new year, and I had yet to get anything done. Or perhaps it served as a reminder to follow my resolution - be a less self-centred and petty person. But it was a dream where a dear someone came to me, one who is no longer of this world. And next to this dear someone, I saw the vision of another person - one who is still of this world, but whom we are no longer keeping in contact.

Is it a sign to make peace? That that person is also thinking of patching things up, but for some reason, is too stubborn or petty or embarrassed? Although from what this person had done to me, I have to consider whether it is still worth having this person as a friend. Nevertheless, the dream was as if an angel came upon me, and I started thinking of this song :

I Have A Dream (ABBA)

(Verse 1)
I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail

(Chorus)
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream - I have a dream

(Verse 2)
I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile

Repeat - Chorus, Verse 1, Chorus

(End)
I'll cross the stream - I have a dream (x2)

Speaking of dreams, somehow I wish I can just go back to the beginning. Go back in time to when I was young and naive, and innocent, and go back in time to help others who really needed help. Go back in time to when I was teaching and doing more for the children. I wish I can just close my eyes and go back to the beginning, just like Joseph in this song :

Any Dream Will Do (Andrew Lloyd Webber - "Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat")

I closed my eyes, drew back the curtain
To see for certain what I thought I knew
Far far away, someone was weeping
But the world was sleeping
Any dream will do

I wore my coat, with golden lining
Bright colours shining, wonderful and new
And in the east, the dawn was breaking
And the world was waking
Any dream will do

(Ad-Lib)
A crash of drums, a flash of light
My golden coat flew out of sight
The colours faded into darkness
I was left alone

(End)
May I return to the beginning
The light is dimming, and the dream is too
The world and I, we are still waiting
Still hesitating
Any dream will do

Repeat - Ad-Lib, End

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...