Lilypie

Friday, February 16, 2007

How To Cook Pasta

So I am back! Not a very long break actually, but it is already an achievement that I have not been tempted to blog for two weeks, despite all the itchiness and the feeling of wanting to write so much. What have I been doing this period of time? Nothing much actually, preparing for classes, my upcoming assignment, reflecting on how to sort out my life, labelling all my posts, and experimenting on how to cook pasta!

Finally all my labels are up! And I must say, that is one hefty list! Can imagine just how much I write! I cannot even believe it myself! Until I was done, I had no idea I actually wrote so widely and vastly! The list would be longer if I did not label some generally, instead of going into specifics. So one look at the list and people will know what I gripe, rant and rave about the most! :-p

Anyway, I tried cooking spaghetti during the Valentine's weekend, and I must say it was a success! These are the ingredients used :

1. 1 packet of spaghetti (this one packet can be bought at any provision store and is enough for at least three persons)


2. Minced meat (I used pork, but beef or chicken will do as well)


3. Spaghetti sauce (need to use about three-quarters of the bottle before getting the taste)


4. 1 Garlic and 2 - 3 Onions


5. 3 tablespoons of Cooking Oil (my family uses Soya Bean Oil, but others like Olive Oil or Corn Oil will do as well)


6. A pinch of salt (2 teaspoons to be exact)


7. Tomato sauce (for colour and taste - I used about a quarter of the bottle)


8. 2 litres of water

First, add 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 teaspoons of salt into the water and start to boil.


Once the water is boiling, put all the spaghetti in.


Let it soak and boil.


Drain the spaghetti once it is boiled.


Cut the garlic into small tiny pieces, and chop the onions into fine pieces.


Put in the remaining oil, chopped garlic and onion, minced meat and spaghetti sauce and mix well. Stir properly so the meat would not get stuck together.


After that, add in the spaghetti, stir well, and tomato sauce at the end. Mix well and let it simmer.


Serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...