Lilypie

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Life Book At Last!

Finally, I got my laptop! My own white Fujitsu LifeBook P7230! For this, I have to pay through my nose for two years, but nothing gives me greater joy than to own my own laptop, something I have always wanted ever since school days! I have not started using it yet though, as I have to study the manual carefully first before operating it. For now, I am still using the computers at my home and office.

The laptop comes with the new Microsoft Vista operating system, complete with Office 2007 and the Vista-compatible virus software PCilin. Which makes me wonder, in this case, does it mean any other programs I want to download would not be compatible with the laptop? But by right, it should be alright I think, because afterall, newer systems are almost always able to run older softwares, but not vice versa. Besides the new system, the laptop also comes with a webcam, microphone speakers, DVD Reader / Writer, wireless internet access and a fingerprint scanner to log in. Which means I need not type in any password, I can just log in using my finger! Technology is really wonderful at times.

That day when I went down to the computer shop to get the laptop, the shop assistant was really helpful. He treated me like a real customer, but at the same time, did not assume that I know nothing. Comparatively, some of the other shops I went into, the assistants looked so shocked. Afterall, one does not normally see a lone lady wandering around in a computer mall. Most ladies would be accompanied by their families or partners.

Thus, some of the shop assistants either looked me up and down in a way as if they thought I was in some "chicken business", or else they tried to be "smart-alecks" and tried pulling me into their stores and giving me all kinds of unwanted advice. If I am to step into a shop, I know exactly what I wanted, so why not let me browse and compare on my own instead of listening to non-stop irritating blabber? When I found the shop I wanted, I told that particular sales assistant exactly what I wanted and he just got for me without any questions. If only the other customer service officers could be like this!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Had to search for it, but it looks like a very nice laptop.

Do you find the keyboard big enough?

I have a simlar sized laptop, but tend to plug a keyboard in because I find the laptop keyboard too small (mind you, I am a pretty big person, with pretty big hands).

juphelia said...

Thanks. Actually I haven't started using it yet, but when I was trying out at the computer store, it seemed just right. I'm a pretty small person, with even smaller hands, so the keyboard is just perfect!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...