Lilypie

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Attending A Creative Writing Workshop

Courtesy of my school, I will be attending a Creative Writing Workshop this Saturday. This is not the same as the Academic Writing Workshop which I attended some years back. This will be conducted by a real published writer, and she will be giving tips on grammar, writing style and where to publish.

The topics covered will include :

• the writer and writing traditions
• the writer and the writing process
• the main genres of creative writing
• the current landscape of creative writing
• where to get your work published
• preparing a manuscript for submission
• agent or no agent?
• working with editors and publishers

Hopefully after this workshop I may just get my collection of short stories published! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...