Lilypie

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Stations Of The Cross

I was supposed to conduct the lesson on the Stations of the Cross today, but since I myself know nothing much about it, one of my fellow cathechists conducted the lesson on my behalf.

I never really know much about the Stations of the Cross except one Good Friday mass where we had to kneel many times. After that I was informed that the Stations of the Cross are the long steps Jesus took while carrying the cross before He was finally crucified on the hill.

But it was only these few days when I was researching on how to conduct the lesson that I start to really understand why the Stations are so important especially during Lent and Good Friday.

From the time Jesus was condemned to die, to when Veronica helped him, to Simon helping him, all the way until he was crucified, there were seventeen stations.

Every Lenten season and Good Friday, the priests and altar boys will do the Stations of the Cross every step of the way from the entrance to the altar without faltering.

I never really know the symbolism until now! This is the most solemn part of the entire Lent and Good Friday! This Good Friday, I am going to reflect on the full message and actually pay attention to the Stations of the Cross instead of feeling impatient over the long mass!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...