Lilypie

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Through A Glass Darkly

I am not referring to a book but a kind of glass. I have been fascinated with that kind of glass since I was very young but my parents use only mugs and not glasses.

What kind of glass? Contrary to what some think, it is not any special or limited edition kind of glass. It is just a normal glass. You know those kind of glasses always featured in picture books to teach children the alphabet?

That is the kind of glass I am looking for. Ever since as far back as I could remember, I have seen those kind of glasses being used in television commercials for milk and orange juice advertisements. Drama serials also use those kind of glasses in restaurant scenes for water and juice.

A few years back, I finally found it in a department store. I was so excited! Instead of buying a whole set like most people, I bought just one.

I was so happy! I thought at last, I could finally own that glass where I can drink milk or orange juice in. Unfortunately my grandma used it to drink water the next day and it slipped out of her hands and broke just like that.

What a heartache! Just when I finally found the kind of glass I was looking for, it broke before I even used it! I had been fascinated with that kind of glass for a long time yet I never had the chance to use it!

Now I am still in search of that glass. I have yet to find the perfect glass. But I am not despairing as I believe it can be found one day! And when that happens, no one else but myself can use it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Julie Lim said...

I can't imagine what type of glass you're referring to. A photo would be good :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...