Lilypie

Saturday, March 6, 2010

First Presenters' Meeting

I went for the first meeting of the presenters last night. I wrote a few talks prior to the meeting. During the meeting I heard the more experienced presenters presenting their talks and again felt touched by their stories.

Incidentally I would be presenting with most of the presenters during my own weekend, which means I would have heard most of their talks already, yet when they were sharing last night, I still felt touched and inspired.

When my turn came to share, I read out from what I wrote. As expected, my talk was a bit too long. I exceeded the stipulated time of five minutes by two minutes.

The feedback was that it was a good sharing but I could cut down on what was not essential and elaborate more on what was essential. Then I was told to convert it to another talk as it seemed more relevant to the other talk.

There will be another workshopping session next week. I need to revamp and edit my talk to make it more relevant to the topic at hand. I am sure learning a lot and hopefully I can be a full-fledged presenter after this!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...