Lilypie

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Growing Collection Of Fridge Magnets

Julie sent me fridge magnets on her recent trip to Nepal. Thanks so much! Because of her, my fridge magnet collection is growing and already, a quarter of the freezer compartment is filled up! I wonder if my mum notices the new "decorations" on her refrigerator?
 
In any case, these were what she got for me from Nepal :

 I like this! Reminds me of the tarot cards to tell my fortune.
 
 Beautiful view of the Himalayas!
 



Needless to say, during my recent weekend in Malacca, I bought myself some nice magnets too!

 I bought these at the Jonker Walk night market, as I really loved the clogs I saw earlier in a shop. I chose this specially because the Chinese characters mean "Everlasting", and I find it so meaningful as this can mean everlasting love, friendship, parenthood or what not. It reinforces the message that in human relations, it is difficult to be "everlasting", so we should treasure each and everyone of us around us!
 
 Icons of Malacca - the Stadthuys and the ruined church atop St Paul's Hill
 
 And of course, the Peranakan culture of Malacca!
 

So the word is out. I have been telling my friends who are planning to go away to get me magnets instead of other things! At least this way, they do not need to rack their brains wondering what to get, not spend too much and bring back heavy stuff, and at the same time know I will like as well!

1 comments:

Lucy Carter said...

These fridge magnets are really cool. I will buy some on my next trip...!!
Wholesale Fridge Magnets

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...