Lilypie

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hats Off!

Recently I have been crazy over hats, ever since I went to Australia and saw my aunt wearing a hat whenever she goes out. The sun is really strong there, even when it was not summer, the rays beat down one you and you can really feel the strong rays penetrating into your skin. I had sunburn and dry skin after that, when all along I never had this whenever I am anywhere else!
 
Hence my aunt would wear a hat whenever she goes out, as she said that would protect her from the sun. I find that such a good idea, so when I was out today, I happened to come across some nice hats. I ended up buying a cloche hat, of the 1920s style, a wide-brimmed hat that truly acts as a sun hat, a narrow-brimmed hat that is more of a fashion accessory, and a white woollen hat that can be used during those times when I go to a place with winter.
 
These, in additional to the cowboy-like hat I already have, and the few fishermen hats and woollen caps I have. Now I have quite a good collection of hats, and I wonder, just when will I have the occasion to wear? People do not wear hats here, even though the sun can be burning all the time.
 
With all these hats, perhaps I should start wearing hats out more often from now on, despite what others will say. Afterall, it is for my own protection of my skin and complexion! That is why my aunt still looks so young, even though she is older than my mum! Those beauty columns are right, to prevent aging, use sunscreen and get away from the sun as much as possible! And I have to start doing that at my age before it is too late!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...