Lilypie

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A "Spring Flu"?

I had been sick since Friday, with sniffles, sore throat, watery nose and flu. Today is the first day I am back at work after having been out sick the last two days. With the weather changing, many are getting sick. The rainy season is the same - rain, stop, rain, stop, thunderstorm, hot and humid, then thunderstorm again.
 
Finally I got better and dragged myself back to work today. But it did not help that the airconditioning is freezing, even with my long-sleeve turtleneck knit top and knee-length skirt. It also does not help that I am sitting by the window, that even with the view of the construction next to me and the buildings and highway, the sun is either streaming in and making the place very hot, or else the thunder strikes and I can see the tops of the trees swaying to the wind, hence getting the cold.
 
I should have known better. After having lived in the tropics for all my life, I should know how to attune to the changing weather of the monsoon and take better care of my health. Hopefully my sniffles can clear up soon as it is really an uncomfortable feeling being stuck with a cold!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...