Lilypie

Monday, November 12, 2012

Fighting With Banks

I returned from Malacca late last night, and had to drag myself back to the office today, even though I was so tempted to take a day off since tomorrow will be a public holiday. Before I start updating about Malacca, I like to update about the problem I had with the international bank and its related transactions.
 
Last Friday, I saw that out of the three cards I have, two have been updated. The remaining one is still outstanding. It is not urgent as the payment deadline is not yet due, but still, the bank is taking too long to process and pay the outstanding bill when I have already sent out the instructions on 1 November.
 
I called that bank to check on the card status, as it could be updated but not reflected. The officer was so rude! She said the last check, no payment had come in. I said this is taking far too long, and she said it is not within her control when my other bank would make the payment. Fair enough, so when I asked if I could check later on in the day, she said there would be no difference.
 
Okay, so I said in which case, I would check on Monday. She rudely told me to check on Tuesday! But Tuesday would be a public holiday, and no one would be working! She said in that case, check on Wednesday! I told her, if that was the case, why not Monday? She said she is just managing my expectations, if I really want to check on Monday, it is up to me, but in case the account is still not updated, she did not wish for me to be upset, so she is just trying to help me manage my expectations!
 
Can you believe that? How can anyone in customer service say things like that? It has already been more than a week since I requested for payment, am I not wrong to be anxious? It is money after all, what if it channelled other ways and ended up in someone else's bank account? Then I will be defaulting payment and got charged a higher interest for nothing!
 
Today, I called in again, and the status was still the same. I requested for the officer (a different one this time) to check again, and this time round, he said he received the payment but it is still being cleared. Which means most likely I can only receive the updates by Wednesday.
 
This is really getting too much as the time taken is too ridiculous! I thought technology is supposed to help us make our lives easier, but it seems to be making my life harder instead. The payment better be updated by Wednesday, otherwise I am so going to give people a piece of my mind again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...