Lilypie

Saturday, February 4, 2006

A Busy Month Ahead ....

I just checked my calendar and realize that I will be pretty tied up every Saturday this month. Tomorrow (later on today actually) I need to go back to work in the morning as there will be guests coming. After that I will be meeting K for lunch and to watch “Walk The Line”.

I hope Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix can sing as well as Ewan McGregor. Come to think of it, I should think Ewan McGregor was a better choice for playing the Phantom in “Phantom Of The Opera” since he has a much stronger voice. Or perhaps the tone was not right for the songs.

Still, the Phantom could have been acted by someone who can at least sing well. He was supposed to be the voice teacher of Christine, so it does not make sense for the Phantom to have a much weaker voice than Christine.

Next Saturday (11th) I need to attend the Writing Skills workshop at SIM University in the morning, then go for my company’s Chinese New Year celebrations-cum-Dinner and Dance. My mum is lending me her oriental top, red satin with yellowish gold cuffs and her satin yellowish gold skirt.

My HR Executive roped me in to perform drum-playing for the pre-dinner activities (I have no idea why I was arrowed). So I have to be at the restaurant by 3:00pm to rehearse. The company actually got in a professional makeup artist to do our hair and makeup for the performance, and we have to stay back after work for three preceding days where an expert would train us how to play the drums according to the beat and rhythm.

The Saturday after that (18th) will be another full day since it will be my male cousin’s wedding. The wedding of the first male who bears the same surname, the son of my dad’s brother. Needless to say, my grandmother is more excited over this wedding than any of my other cousin’s wedding since this is the one that will ensure the continuity of the family line.

This will be one of the few weddings that I can really enjoy without getting flustered and running everywhere. Since my family has so many girls, I always needed to help out and run around for my female cousins’ weddings. This time round, my brothers will be the one doing all the work by accompanying the groom to pick up his bride.

Do not get me wrong. I love helping out at weddings. Just that it is a welcome change when you can attend a wedding where you can really take the backseat instead of being the bride’s assistant. But I am still helping out at the reception before the dinner though.

The last Saturday of the month (25th) I need to attend the Poetry Analysis workshop at SIM University in the morning. After that, I will finally be free! So anyone who likes to meet up with me on a Saturday can only do so on the 25th or after, otherwise have to be on Sundays.

A busy month, but good! I rather keep myself busy than spend the day lazing around with too much free time on my hands. At least being busy is a more productive use of time than hanging around doing nothing much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...