Lilypie

Thursday, February 2, 2006

Starry Starry Night

There is this place somewhere near Labrador Park called Villa Bali or Villa Frangipanni that is a Balinese-themed bar. The furniture and settings are very Bali-like, and the atmosphere is really cosy.

My friends and I went there for drinks and finger food on Tuesday evening, after visiting my friend and viewing her wedding DVD. It is such a comfortable place that we just wanted to sit there and chat till daybreak, but unfortunately the place closes at 1:00a.m., so we have to leave there by 12:30a.m.

There is a big carpark in front of the place, and when we stepped out, we saw a clear starry sky above us. It was such a beautiful sight as hardly can we see so many stars in the sky, at least not where I stay.

There was one very bright sparkling one, and a few stars in a row forming into a shape, and a few more scattered here and there. How I wish the place would not close that early and I could continue gazing at the stars above me longer.

I wonder if wishes really do come true if you wish upon a star? I still remember the couple of songs I learnt when I was much younger, “When You Wish Upon A Star” and “ Star Light, Star Bright”, and of course the most famous nursery song, “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”, not to mention “Starry Starry Night” where Vincent Van Gogh’s painting of the same name came to mind.

I made a wish under the stars. If wishes do come true, then I hope my wish will come true very soon!

1 comments:

Anthony said...

It's located at the former Gilman camp( i think tt's how u spell it), just beside the old St Andrews JC.
Nice ambiance, but full of mosquitoes...Drinks are not really that cheap as well... but they served good finger food though...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...