Lilypie

Friday, February 17, 2006

Making A Police Report ....

I reached home after my lecture around 11:00pm just now, and the first thing I saw at the back window of my room were lights. I could hear drilling, machinery and smell dust and smoke.

I went to take my shower, and suddenly I heard an explosion, followed by a series of successive explosions. What in the world are those people doing at this hour of the night?

My brother and mum both looked irritated, and my brother kept saying that those workers are disturbing everyone, and what is so urgent that the road must be paved at this hour of the night?

So I asked if anyone has told them to stop whatever they were doing. My mum said probably nobody bothers, no matter how irritating the smell and sound is since everyone here is passive. People always wait for others, so in the end, no one gets anything done and the roadworks will continue causing public nuisance.

After that, I heard another series of explosions and cannot even smell anymore fresh air. So now there is not just noise pollution but air pollution as well.

I could not take it anymore. I called the police. Okay, I was being very mean by calling the police since those workers are just doing their jobs, but then again, who in the world does any road works and making so much noise at almost midnight?

When the call got through, I told the officer in charge that there are people doing road works outside my place, and it is very noisy with all the sound of drilling and machinery. I emphasized that it is not a complaint, but I would like to find out if those people have been given permission to pave the road at this hour of the night?

But if special permission has been given, then we should have been notified in advance so we could be prepared for it. In this case, no notice was given, and the noise and smell is really a nuisance.

The officer asked for my name and the area I am staying in. So I gave him my address, but chickened out at giving my name. He said it is alright if I like to remain anonymous, and said that he would get the police assigned to my area to check things out.

The roadworks are still on-going, and the noise is still there, and the air is still just as polluted. I feel rather bad at “complaining”, yet did not have the guts to leave my name, but my brother said that someone has to say something, and who knows, perhaps our neighbours will be grateful to me. Hmmm……

Well….. I hope if they are asked to stop work, they will never find out who gave them away. I sure do not wish to get into trouble with the wrong type of people!

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

Well, the men in blue seems to be in need of more work.

According to Sonic, they are adding teensitting into their portfolio soon.

shakespeareheroine said...

Perhaps they really have nothing better to do than to resort to this.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...