Lilypie

Sunday, February 26, 2006

A Marvellous Day

I had such a great time yesterday! I went for a Poetry Analysis Seminar, courtesy of SIM University, then I met him and we spent the day together. I wanted to go down around town area so it would be more centralised for both of us, but he insisted to go wherever is nearest to my place.

We took a long train ride from one end to the other, went for lunch at Jack's Place, then watched "Rumor Has It". By the time the show ended, it was only about 5:30pm, so he offered to bring me for another show since both of us were not hungry as yet.

So we checked out the timings and bought the tickets for "Mrs Henderson Presents". I am actually surprised that this show is allowed in a neighbourhood cinema since there are naked men and women (not just topless, but really full naked) in it, but it is good if the local society is slowly becoming more open-minded. Just a few years back, a show like this would have been rated "R(A)".

We went for a drink at Delifrance, went to Puzzle World where I showed him the 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle I completed two years back (which is now framed and hanging in my room), then went to Popular CD Rama where I bought an entire CD collection of my favourite oldies (or rather, he bought for me at his insistence), before going in for the show.

After that, we had dinner at Phin's Steakhouse, then took the train back. He actually got off with me and walked me all the way back, before taking the long train ride back to his place.

I really had an enjoyable day, but I fear for his pocket. First time I went on a date where I really did whatever I wanted but all paid for by someone else. Okay, perhaps not the first time since I have a few nice and generous friends too, but first time on a date with a pursuer and I feel so well-treated.

I told him the next time we go out, I will pay since he already spent so much on me, but he insisted that it is a guy's duty to pay for his date. The most important thing is that I enjoyed myself, which I certainly did.

How come local guys like this are almost extinct?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...