Lilypie

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

All Kinds Of People Make Up The World

How true it is! The world is indeed made up of all kinds of people! One can see tall ones, short ones, round ones, long ones, skinny ones, plump ones. But the differences go beyond physical appearances; there are those arrogant ones who go about thinking the world of themselves, the humble ones who shun the limelight, the practical ones who think whatever others do come with a motive, and the really nice ones who sincerely do things for others without asking for anything back. Unfortunately, the last type always gets disillusioned by the third type who will forever be questioning anyone who is even remotely nice.

Honestly, can people not be nice without anyone questioning if they have any motives? Some people really go all out to do things for others, no matter who they are. You can call them busybodies or nosey parkers, but to me, if someone wants to be nice to me, I will allow it and not question. Afterall, it is already so rare to find someone who will be nice to anyone on his / her own accord without asking for anything back.

In this relatively short life I have, I have come across quite a number of people. Through observations, I realise that certain groups make up the most diversity of people. One is that of friends, another is sales assistants, another is cab drivers, yet another group is bosses. But all boil down to the same thing - all kinds of people exist, and it is possible to find every aspect of human nature in just any one group!

Of the friends I have (or rather, people I know but whom I will not really consider friends), there are kind ones, selfish ones, arrogant ones, fair-weathered ones, petty ones. True friends are indeed hard to come by. True friends are those who do not bear grudges even if we had a major disagreement the day before. Yet we can be talking again the next day. There are those kind ones who are willing to go all out to help me when I run into any problems. There are those selfish ones who disappear whenever I need help but who expect me to be at their beck and calls when they need help.

There are those arrogant ones who think the world of themselves and as long as they do not approve of what I do, they will start outcasting me. The worst are those petty ones who drop you after a disagreement, then pick on everything you do, tell tales about you, and start influencing your other friends to go against you. People think only women are capable of doing something like that; but in my experience, the girls I know never bear grudges; it is the guys who are even more petty and narrow-minded who bear grudges for life.

Sales assistants also make up the colourful aspect of life. There are those who greet you with a warm smile, who leave you alone to browse yet make themselves readily available when you run into a problem. There are those who chatter non-stop the moment you step into the store, recommending which ones you should get, when all you want is to be left in peace and browse on your own. Then there are those who judge you according to what you wear, what accessories you have on, and then act all nice and friendly when you dress like you own a million dollars, or totally ignore you when you dress like you cannot even afford the least expensive thing and you have no business in their store.

But the widest diversity of human behaviour can be seen in cab drivers. I have come across drivers who are chatty and friendly, and tell you about life and discuss politics and current affairs, drivers who are silent and solemn throughout that you fear they have fallen asleep at the wheel; drivers who are crude and rude and cuss every other driver who gets in his way and blames you for not telling him to go the other way when he chose to go that way in the first place; and drivers who are nice and friendly and chatty, yet drives like a lunatic and cuss at other drivers on the street.

It is interesting indeed when you meet people who make your life colourful. It makes my life less boring and mundane, and whenever I meet "interesting" people, I tell myself it is just another of those days and forget about it and not let anything negative affect me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...