Lilypie

Friday, April 27, 2007

Shades Of Colour ....

I just bought another pair of sunglasses! Gucci, pink shades, with black tortoise shell frames. Now I have eight pairs of shades! Ever since I started wearing contacts, I have been buying sunglasses almost every year. It is a waste I know, but being a female, any fashion accessory is never enough. Just like girls will never have enough clothes, or shoes, or jewellery, despite a whole wardrobe full of them!

I got my first pair of sunglasses as a gift. It was the first Christmas gift my second ex gave me. It is a normal pair of glasses, with slim gold metal frames and blue shades. Although I seldom wear it now, I still keep it with me.

After that, I started buying sunglasses almost every year. The styles range from brown tortoise shell frames with brown shades, to transparent plastic frames with tinted shades to retro looking round plastic frames. Besides those cool-looking sunglasses which I got free from magazines and the frameless Oakley sunglasses with black shades which I won in a lucky draw, I have only bought four pairs of sunglasses on my own.

The first was a translucent white tortoise shell frames with tinted grey shades, which my third ex accidentally sat on it and broke it. He promised to find me another one but never did, so I was stuck with a broken pair of sunglasses. It was a real pain as that was my favourite pair!

The second pair I bought was a pair of Gucci shades which I bought a few years back. It was brown tortoise shell frames with dark brown shades, with a gold 'G' logo at the side. A very classy piece, in my opinion, which I wear only for very special occasions.

The third pair I bought was a pair of Esprit sunglasses, white tortoise shell frames with tinted grey shades. I bought that as I always like to have a pair of white-framed glasses. Although no one will dream of wearing a pair of dowdy white glasses, I happen to like the one I have, as although it may look tacky to others, I find it rather nice in shape and sleek in design.

And then I bought the pink Gucci one recently. Now I can have matching glasses whenever I go out in a pink attire now! This is really matching from head to toe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...