Lilypie

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Dream Cars ....

My colleague was giving me a lift home that day. Her car is a small one, 1.5cc, a blue Mazda 3 five-door hatchback. It is cute and yet spacious. She was telling me that a small car is better, because the petrol consumption is not that much. She only needs to refuel once or more than once a week, despite driving everywhere. Plus, a smaller car is easier and cheaper to maintain, and it does not take up that much space on the roads and parking. Despite being a small car, it can still take in about six people.

Since I was a kid, I had been dreaming of the type of car I would drive, if and when I finally get my license. Somehow I always like convertibles, maybe because when I used to watch Beverly Hills 90210, I fell in love with all the sleek convertibles the kids were driving. Plus, the books I used to read always mention kids driving convertibles. I thought how wonderful it would be to drive a cool car, with the top open and the wind blowing into my hair.

Hence, my very first dream car was a red Lotus Esprit. Then the choice became a Porsche (red of course!), to a pink Volkswagen Beetle Convertible (although a Dalmatian-looking one is not that bad too!), to a black BMW Z3 Roadster, to a silver Maserati Spyder to a bronze or gold Lexus SC 430.

Of course, these are just dreams. In the first place, I will never be able to afford a car, (for now), let alone a convertible. In the second place, it is impractical in this country with the type of weather we have to cruise around in convertibles. Thirdly, with the average of one car per family, it is impractical to have a convertible. Most people prefer a saloon or coupe or SUV or MPV that is big enough to cater to the whole family.

How many convertibles do we actually have here? Hardly any. Lately I have been seeing more, probably because I am working in a more high-class neighbourhood where all the rich and mighty people live in. But even then, those I saw driving convertibles always have the top down. To me, what is the purpose of driving a convertible if the top is down? The idea of driving a convertible is so to have the wind in your hair and have the top up.

So which car do I really want? Tough question indeed. Still too early to answer though. This have to wait till I finally save enough before I start thinking about the type of car I like to drive in.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.5cc? ur colleague's car must be the size of my Remote Control Gas car.. My Gas Car is using a 2.0cc engine.

haha

If you are referring to a real Mazda passanger car.. i think its suppose to be 1.5 Litres instead. And if its 1.5 litres.. then its a Mazda 2... a Mazda 3 would have been either a 1.6litres or a 2.0litres car.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...