Lilypie

Thursday, April 8, 2010

"You Are Not Authorised"

Nowadays more and more offices have installed a computerised entry / exit system, where the staff uses his / her fingerprint and the system will scan the print and the door would then open automatically for the staff to enter. The whole thing goes as follows :

1. Staff puts the forefinger into the scanner
2. The display and an automated voice will have the message "Please put your finger"
3. Then after the fingerprint was scanned, the display message will say "Input Password"
4. Staff keys in the four numbers and presses "Enter"
5. The display message and voice will then say "You are authorised"
6. The door opens and staff enters

Seems easy right? The thing, like all other high fangled stuff, has many glitches too. Sometimes you may press too hard and the print gets blurry. Sometimes the print may not get registered. When this happens, you cannot go on to the next step, as the display and voice will then say, "You are not authorised".

When this happens, one just have to keep trying, or else wait for a kind soul to open the door from inside or someone else to scan the fingerprint successfully from the outside before entering. Many a times, I have not been "authorised" to enter. Despite scanning my fingerprint over and over again, I still could not be "authorised". And one can waste precious time trying over and over again just to go in!

I always wonder why? Is my finger that different or that small? Some say it may be due to dryness, some say may be due to oiliness, some say it may be someone pressed the "Enter" button too hard hence could not register.

Whatever it is, nowadays I have to enter my office, I ensure my hands are properly wiped and cleaned to remove all forms of microorganisms. I think that method works, as the past few days, I only need to scan my finger once and I could go through! Hopefully this keeps up and I will not be "locked out" again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...