Lilypie

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mid-Week Family Reunion

My Aussie aunt and uncle are in town these couple of days for their Easter break so we had a gathering last night at a restaurant. It was really great seeing most of my relatives again after a lapse of a few months, especially since my maternal grandma was away in Australia and just came back recently.

I find that I seem to be having less family get-togethers nowadays. We (my relatives here) used to see each other so often when we were young. As everyone grew up and the elders started aging, we saw less of each other except on occasions like Lunar New Year and birthdays. Most of my cousins have married, some have uprooted. If we were not brought up with good family values, I think we would not even get to meet.

Which is why my mum always ensures she tries to get the extended family together once in a while, for both my dad and her side. I will sure follow her tradition when I have my own family in the future!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...