Lilypie

Thursday, April 8, 2010

One Hundred And Eighty Days Later ...

I am but human. That does not give me any justification to commit murder, but being human, I am not flawless or perfect. I have my quirks and expectations, so at times when expectations are not met, I tend to get flustered. And when that happens, it is my boyfriend who gets the short end of the stick.

So when I heard what happened to my friend and her ex last night, I realize I have to count my blessings. The world is full of unbecoming and jerky guys, and thank goodness I am not with one! Yes he is quirky, he irritates me to no end at times, but at the end of the day, I know he is one I can rely and depend on, one who cares for me more than he cares for himself, and I feel really blessed to have someone so into me, who loves me more than I love him.

Hence this post is a tad overdue. It is almost two hundred days today, but during our one hundred and eightieth day together (ie six months), we were both doing the CHOICE March weekend, yet he specially bought a heart-shaped cake and we celebrated at the Retreat House itself.

The cake he bought

Not only that, every “moni-versary”, he would try to do something different, like sending flowers to my office, baking a cake for me, buying me gifts, moonlit strolls at the beach, writing poetry (although a bit cheesy but still it is a good effort). The only thing he has not done is to cook a meal for me, or prepare a candlelight dinner for me.

What else am I grateful for? My mum’s office is near mine, so she would drop me at her office and I would take a five-minute bus ride to my office. His office is near my mum’s office, so every morning, he would meet me at the bus stop to see me off, sometimes buying breakfast for me. Every evening he would go to my office to wait for me and accompany me home.

Every weekend he is at my place, just hanging out, spending time with me and mingling with my family members. Each time I had to go to the hospital to visit my paternal grandma (who is still there), he would always accompany me without fail. Same goes to when I had to go to the hospital early this year to see my friend’s newborn baby.

The most important thing is that he puts up with my tendencies - my quick temper, my ultra perfectionist streak when it comes to certain things, my own quirkiness, my assertiveness, and my attitude of always learning and doing things and not slowing down. Most other guys just get put off by one thing or another!

So even though I still expect things can be better, still I do not think I can ever be with anyone else. At least not someone who is so egotistical and self-centred, or someone who is such a mummy’s boy, or someone who gets put off by confident and articulate women, or someone who plays with my feelings by claiming he liked me a lot then suddenly disappearing without notice.

He is as best there is, at least for me! So darling, thank you, for loving me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...