Lilypie

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Clay Pot?

I went for the first CHOICE follow-up today. The follow-ups are supposed to be within one to two weeks after the particular weekend, but because it was during the Lunar New Year period, the follow-ups were postponed and today was the first.

In every follow-up, there would always be a story and sharing of self-discovery and inspiration, as well as a photo language, where the participants were to choose one photo which represent them at that moment in time.

The last two times, I chose photos with people. This time round, I chose a clay pot. For some reason, the picture of a clay pot appealed to me. It reminds me of the famous scene from "Ghost", where he came back from the dead to protect her and love her.

That aside, I chose the clay pot because I have always been interested in pottery. But also, I find there is a deeper symbolism to a clay pot - how something strong, sturdy and beautiful developed from nothing, or a mess of clay. Something messy becomes something unique and artistic.

And to me, life is like that. My life, others' lives. Those who went through messy periods, errors of youth, after lots of moulding, cutting, pressing and trials and errors, before something unique, beautiful, strong and sturdy emerges. And that, is the essence of the meaning of life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...