Lilypie

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Company New Year Lunch

So I went back to work today, emotionally drained but luckily relatively better rested than previous nights. Just as well this week happened to be a short week, being the Lunar New Year week. Today we had half the day off as we had our Company Lunar New Year lunch, then tomorrow is the official eve of the Lunar New Year, and then the long Lunar New Year weekend.

I was supposed to be rushing work as I was not in office yesterday, but we could hardly get any work done at all, since we had the departmental meeting, followed by the quarterly company report, then after that, it was lunch already.

Lunch was in the ballroom of a hotel nearby. We got both current and outgoing Presidents with us, and the current President (of Asia, not the whole company) went around shaking hands, trying to wish us "Happy New Year" in Mandarin, and giving out the traditional red packets.

The hotel served us an eight-course banquet, typical of a normal Chinese sit-down wedding or celebration banquet. I must say, the food is nothing to rave about, but it was the get-together and mingling of the colleagues that I enjoyed more.

Lunch ended around two in the afternoon. By then I was so full that I could hardly move! This, plus the festive snacking during the new year period, I think I am going to put on more weight again instead of losing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...