Lilypie

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Long New Year Weekend

This year's Lunar New Year started on a Thursday, so we got the whole weekend off. As usual, on the eve, we went to the temple where my late grandpa's altar is and paid our respects. Then we had our usual reunion dinner. My dear was invited again this year.

On Thursday (the first day), we did our own visiting. This year the rounds were changed a little. Usually we would go to my dad's brother's place, then my maternal grandmother's place, then my dad's cousin's place, and finally my dad's sister's place for lunch. After that it would be home where others would visit us, then after dinner we would go to my mum's sister's place.

This year because there are more days, we cut down on our visits. We went to my dad's brother's place, then my dad's cousin's place, then my maternal grandmother's place for lunch. She had cooked the usual longevity and fortune noodles. I got to see my newborn nephew (my cousin's second son) for the first time! After that we dropped by my dad's sister's place for a visit.

Then we went home and stayed home the rest of the day. Yesterday (the second day), we stayed home the whole day. No visiting and no visits from anyone. Then there was the family reunion of my dad's family at night. It used to be steamboat but this time round, my mum had the food catered.

Today, we are supposed to have a gathering at my friend's place. Tomorrow it would be another round of reunion of my mum's family. Seems like this weekend is quite relaxing and I can finally take a short break from work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...