Lilypie

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Chingay Parade

Today is the day of the Chingay Parade. As volunteers, we were given free tickets to watch the entire parade. It is the first time for me watching Chingay so I brought along my camera. Unfortunately, the place is too far away and the dance movements were too quick, hence most of my pictures turned out blurry. :-(

But the dance sequence was spectacular! Everyone there really showed the passion for dance! Imagine being clad in costume and heavy makeup, and move, jump and dance around in tropical weather like this is no easy feat!

The whole show lasted around two hours. Because it was full of people, we ended up being sweaty and hot. This is what comes of living in the tropics, the humidity itself makes everyone perspire! At times I wish I live in more temperate regions, so even with hot weather, it is not as sticky!

In any case, I managed to find some good pictures of the procession and the fireworks at the end, so enjoy!

The Flyer at night


The first procession - Convoy of Harley-Davidsons

The second procession - Antique cars

My favourite - the Star Wars' procession!


The light bulb found in our goodie bags

Fireworks at the end




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...