Lilypie

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A New Product : Pinhole Glasses

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to do a review on a new product. A couple of days back, I received the new product - the new breakthrough in eye glasses : pinhole glasses! The eye glasses is of tortoise-shell big frames, reminescent of those I wore when I was a child. Instead of the lenses, the space is replaced by a piece of black film each, with holes poked in them. I took a couple of pictures to let the rest of you have a better idea what it looks like.



In any case, the new pinhole eyeglasses is supposed to correct one's vision, whether you suffer from myopia or long-sightedness. Perhaps I stand corrected - it is not to correct one's vision, but to help make one's vision better without the use of normal eyeglasses. So I did an experiment. I removed my lenses and put on the sample for about an hour.

The result? Looking through the pinhole glasses is clearer to a certain extent. It is not as clear as if I have worn my normal glasses or lenses, but still, it is better than not wearing any glasses at all. To be more convinced, I let my family members try it out (all of them suffer from myopia). Their verdict? The glasses is still not as clear as if they are wearing their normal glasses, but clearer than if they are not wearing any glasses.

Thus, I believe this product is marketable. I guess some improvements need to be adjusted, but that is solely my own opinion. Afterall, I am totally blind without my glasses or contacts, so I cannot speak for all. But if the packaging can be more attractive (ie make the frames smaller and cooler looking), I believe it can be a new breakthrough for those myopic people. This is one pair of glasses that can become popular with young and old alike.

Do check them out! These pinhole eyeglasses will likely become the newest thing in eye care!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...